|
本帖最后由 慢慢来比较快 于 2025-1-22 11:24 编辑
当我开始恐惧
WHEN I have fears that I may cease to be 当我开始恐惧我的生命或将停止,
Before my pen has glean’d my teeming brain, 而我的笔还没有记录完我的才华,
Before high piled books, in charact’ry, 高高摞起的书籍也没有像
Hold like rich garners the full-ripen’d grain; 丰收的谷物一样堆满谷仓。
When I behold, upon the night’s starr’d face, 我注视着夜晚的星星,
Huge cloudy symbols of a high romance, 天空中巨大的云朵鬼魅奇异,
And think that I may never live to trace 我以为我再不能用
Their shadows, with the magic hand of chance; 巧妙的手法描绘它们的身影。
And when I feel, fair creature of an hour! 美好的事物转瞬即逝,
That I shall never look upon thee more, 我将不能再把它们凝望,
Never have relish in the faery power 再也不能感受仙子们
Of unreflecting love! - then on the shore 没有回音的爱情。
Of the wide world I stand alone, and think 我独自站立在世界的边缘思考,
Till Love and Fame to nothingness do sink. 直到声名归于虚无。
Posthumous and Fugitive Poems
[Read the biographical context.]
|
|